Saturday, September 25, 2010

Epson Workforce 610 and Ubuntu 10.4 64 bit Work

Something I thought impossible is working flawlessly.  I was able to print to the Epson Workforce 610 wirelessly.  It's nothing short of magic.  When I have time I will write up the steps.  I don't understand it but at least I am able to follow instructions.  There are some very nice people out there who make things work and make my life easier.  Wow.

To make it work, both printing and scanning, you need to do basically three things:
Download and install by going through Epson support ...

1.  epson-inkjet-printer-stylus-office-tx610fw-series
2.  iscan-network-nt

To add your printer go
http://localhost:631
Now you can print


3.  To scan wirelessly you need to do this (if your 610 is only USB connected, I don't think you need to add this line) (thanks to this thread)
At the terminal type: sudo gedit /etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf
add the below line and save
net 192.168.1.102
replace with your printer IP address.  You can find your printer IP from localhost:631 or I guess by some other means.

And you are done.

The below is a sample scan from a 4x6 print.  All the dust ...  Anyway, I have a V500 USB connected for "real work."  The Workforce 610 is really for printing only.  If I have both the USB connected V500 and wireless connect Office 160 on, Iscan actually lets me pick.  Wow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....