Friday, September 24, 2010

National Punctuation Mark Day

I don't know there is such a day. But I think it's a good thing. I am no grammar police but I myself prefer to write and read grammatically correct English. Every time I see the Sartorialist abuses the ellipsis on his blog, it makes me sad. How could he do such a thing to the ellipsis? Then there is the exclamation point, I always think if the content is exciting enough, you don't need to use the exclamation point let alone multiple of them as if adding exclamation points would make anything boring magically exciting. Then there is the ~, the tilde, people just love to use it. Frankly does it even have a place in a sentence? I got to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....