Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Most Popular Video

This is probably one of the most popular video right now, well in my book at least. This is pretty high production.

Reverie, as shot by Vincent Laforet, using the Canon 5D MarkII. See behind the scenes video in his blog. The onlinephotographer isn't all that impressed with Mr. Laforet's videography and hope he sticks with stills.

UPDATE:
With all these easy HD video, man, there got to be a corresponding upgrade in computer power to handle all these HD video. Firewire 800. A lot of RAM. It's just exciting. I used to think that maybe I will get a HD camcorder to full yet another aspiration of a videographer. Now with high end DSLR building in HD video, I guess I don't even need a dedicated HD camcorder for that purpose. I need a more powerful computer with easy HD editing features. And load of cash.

4 comments:

  1. Just wondering why the D700 have not drop to USD2000 yet. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give it another six months. Wow, the 5D Mark II seems to be the killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I have problem of hold my camera still, the high ISO performance of D700 is still most attractive to me. Just hope they really lower the price before they replace it with a D700x with 22MP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There has been quite a bit of noise and chatter about the upcoming BIG Nikon or MX. According to Ken Rockwell, it could be a printer in collaboration with HP. And still others think it's a new sensor format like what Leica just announced. But then what about the lens?

    I think with Sony and Canon outed their 20 plus MP cameras, sooner or later, probably sooner, Nikon will roll out their 20 plus MP camera just so to match consumers' expectations and sort of stay in the game as one of the top players. Once a top dog with 20 plus MP and true 1080p comes out, sure the D700 will slide close to $2000 that's pretty sure. But I do believe both the D3 and D700 will hold their value for at least two years down the road.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....