Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What Am I Thinking

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

In terms of digital cameras, I am about four years behind the current crop of latest DSLRs from either Canon or Nikon. I am still shooting a Nikon D70 not even a D70s with, a 6MP CCD sensor that's as good as it could get about four years ago. And I am about giving up this mega pixel race and full frame cures-all. I think I have mentioned this before, I have pretty much thrown in the towel in terms of getting the latest and greatest mostly because of money. So instead of going forward, I go backward. I am shooting more film now. Actually not just film, but expired 120 roll films. Because of price concern, I only shoot expired films from craigslist. And my latest cameras are a Yashica TLR and a Hasselblad, both of them are so old that you only control four parameters when comes to exposure, mostly two, film type and film speed are set per roll and you are left with aperture and shutter speed. The thing with film is getting the picture to jpeg is a bit time consuming if not a total pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....