Friday, December 07, 2007

Kimura Takuya and D300



The once almost effeminate long hair boyly man dude Kimura Takuya is hawking the Nikon D300 camera in Japan. The kissing is really disturbing. It degrades or elevates Nikon as an object of desire rather than a tool for the professionals. Maybe it can be both. But first and foremost, it has to be a professional tool first then an object of desire second. Never the other way round. We aspire to be the professional, the real McCoy just like celebrities pretend to be professional singers or actors. I can see celebrities endorsing consumer goods like Kate Moss for Coolpix or Maria Sharapova for PowerShot, but for professional equipments, I don't really think so. Perhaps the D300 is catered for some rich celeb lounging in some bar shooting candles and dead animals.

8 comments:

  1. If only "Pro"'s buy pro-camera, the manufacturer have been out of business already or the equipment price is not affordable at all. So, it is good new to have consumer "want" and buy those pro-camera. I believe it really help drive the price down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No further comment anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, most buyers are just nuts. They make good toys. I own a F5 and I am no pro myself.

    But I think it makes more sense not to use celeb to promote a piece of professional equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we should respect those people who spent their money that drive our economy. As I said, without them, price will be much higher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:36 AM

    Yes, I saw it somewhere. It was like a shipwreck. On that deserted island in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific, one guy has to fish, another to hunt, the third to gather fruits, the fourth to gather firewood and the fifth to cook. There is also one American there. His job is to eat. In the eyes of the economist, that job of consumption is what keeps the microeconomy going.

    workhorse2007

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:33 PM

    ha, because it's Kimura, everything's perfect! :) well, i don't use nikon anyway. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently Nikon picked the right spokeperson. Or not. At least you are not going to buy a Nikon just because Kimura says it's good.

    Kimura is a good looking dude, his ratings prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Canon. I own a Canon G3, I am pretty happy with it. It's just that I have Nikon stuff from way back. I can see your i5 is serving you well.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....