Friday, September 01, 2006

Untitled

Charles making face

I brought half of a tent to camping. Our original plan was to stay in a tent for 2 nights. But with half of a tent, there was no way we can do that without the canopy, plus the non stop rain. So we ended up moving in a cabin as well, just like the other family we went with.

The cabin we had was deeper in the camp site area so it was actually better. If we were to stay in the original site for tent, we would be really close to the motor way. Last year in Lake George, we did stay in a tent.

It took us about 3 hours to get to the camp site, Jim Thorpe Camping Resort.

7 comments:

  1. The trees are tall and the site is very natural. It's a nice place to set up camp. Next time around, remember to bring the other half of a tent. Did you see any wild animals around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are many wolves in the park

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. I didn't see any wild animals. But the other family did, they saw a skunk went through the garbage we left outside the cabin. We shouldn't have left any garbage outside. But we did. In some case, it can be downright dangerous, think bear.

    I don't think there are any wolves around. Some campers did bring their big dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most dangerous wild animals are human being, are we not animal ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:18 AM

    You Americans are blessed. You guys live so close to nature that we can only envy in Hong Kong. When I think of America, North Carolina comes to mind. And can I think of the Tar Heel state without missing the pine trees there?

    Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, it's about 3 hours drive to get to that particular camp site in Pennyslyvania.

    I've never been to N. Carolina, so I really don't know I guess it's very unlike New York. Tar Heel, first time I hear that term.

    My unrealistic camping site is maybe in Alaska, in the real wilderness, but that's more like a make believe thing for me. I will buy a 400 mm lens a $1000 tripod to shoot some wild life. And if lucky, not eaten by some bears....

    Yes, Americans are a lucky bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vincent's next camping tour will be in Lalsa, Tibet, Robert, you may go with him, I don't think Sid can afford to go, both physically and financially, me too

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....