Thursday, September 14, 2006

September 14, 2006.

[I don't buy CD often at all. But everytime I buy them, I am faced with the challenge of opening the package. It's almost impossible to have a smooth, neat and fast opening]

September 13, 2006, 2 days after September 11, I bought myself 2 CDs from Target each at less than $10, also I borrowed 3 Chinese movies from the library, a magical place where you can can check out books, CDs, DVDs, VCDs for free.

I don't know but I found the movies pretty terrible. New Police Story (San Ging Chaat Goo Si)(2004) starring Jackie Chan, was pure garbage. World Without Thieves (Tian Xia Wu Zei) (2004) starring lookers Andy Lau and Renee Liu, didn't fare any better. The third one was called Initial D (Tau Man Ji D) (2005) starring a male ensemble cast from Hong Kong and Taiwan. In the tradition of Chinese playing Japanese pioneered by Memoirs of a Geisha, Tau has Chinese actors playing Japanese racers. I don't think it's really a big deal. What bothers me is the movie sucks and the male actors can't act, or perhaps the movie itself doesn't merit any acting. Of the three, I think the New Police Story sucks the hardest, it's just terrible.

I bought Best of Bowie and FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS, it's like something old and something new. I am old fashioned so I still buy CD, albeit rarely. I mean the Best of Bowie has some 20 songs and it only costs me $10 and why would I bother to pay 99 cents for a track? I saw Justin Timberlake's performance of Sexyback on David Letterman's show and I was sold.

3 comments:

  1. Those are for MK's or MK boys and girls, a new generation of pea-brained fun-seekers.

    I don't know Justin Timberlake. Bowie gives me lots of fond memories. Sometimes I also watch David Letterman's Late Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what can I say? all i can say is most movies made today from hong kong aren't catered for my demographics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a [paper] cutter, not a letter opener. Something sharp. Slit at the gap between the lid and the side [or margin] of the container. The cut will be close to 5 inches. Then the wrapper [cling film or something like that] should remove easily. Put your cutter out of reach of the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....