Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Departed

The Departed trailer is getting some airplay here and the HD trailers are available from Apple's Quicktime webpage.

The Departed is Martin Scorsese's remake of The Infernal Affair, the Hong Kong 2002 hit starring Tony Leung and Andy Lau. The Hong Kong original version has a very consistent gray hue sleeker than steel look. Judging from the minute long trailer, Scorsese's The Departed has a totally different look, it's more like a throw back to an older era with no hint of being modern or being sleek at all. I think what makes the The Infernal Affair such a success, is the overall color of the movie. I am no movie buff by any stretch, but I think one of the main jobs of the director is to decide what color the table cloth should be.

1 comment:

  1. I love The Infernal Affair but gosh, I haven't got the faintest idea about the overall colour of the flick. I look forward to that Scorsese's film. You're without a doubt a pro as far as photography is concerned.

    I still have not spotted the Match Point at the video shop downstairs from my flat. But I've watched Ang Lee's The Hulk recently and Wolfgang and I enjoyed it very much. It's a surprisingly long movie, lasting a little over 200 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....