Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Single line Multiple Servers

I am a messy person, not because I say I am, it's just empirically proven. My work desk is always messy, my hair is messy. If not because of my wife, I guess I would be doubly messy.

But I do appreciate certain orderliness (My 2 cents psychology is I freaking over-compensate on my own messiness.)

When I wait in line, I do expect people know how to line up in an orderly fashion.

I rather wait in a longer line than a potentially disorderly line. Where I live, there is an express line and local line, and it's a fucking mess by my standard. I don't like it one bit. When the express bus comes, folks waiting for the local line would just come join the party, or vice versa, so there is really no order. I just don't like to deal with the mess and this kind of ambiguity.

Duane Reade is a big freaking drug store in New York City. But you know what they have just the right amount of stupidity to do multiple line multiple server at the cashier counters. For fuck sake, have a single line, so nobody waits at the wrong line because there is some stupid customer or stupid cashier holding up the line. One time, we customers chose to wait in one line but then some manager would come out to say, yeah let's fuck it up, form a line at each cashier counter, I think that's the stupidist thing I have ever seen.

1 comment:

  1. are you growing up in Tuen Mun ? that's the Tuen Mun DNA in your body, you can't get rid of your Tuen Mun DNA even you have lived in New York for almost 18 yrs

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....