Sunday, April 23, 2006

Week in review...


Former Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright says she works out three times a week and can leg-press 400 pounds, as reported in the New York Times Magazine.

Current Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice is no wall flower either, her Condicise can be seen here, here and here.

If the two were to have a Secretary of State death match, my bet would be on Albright, she can probably crush Rice using one leg. However if Rice were allowed to run away, she should be able to out run Albright with relative ease. I guess.

New York Times is just unhealthily obssessed with American Apparel, the post-Gap, post-Abercrombie & Fitch, sweatshop-free, super sexually charged underwear or underwear-like vendor.

LVMH, hawker of luxury brands like Louis Vuitton and Dior, reported a 15% increase in first quarter sales or 3.6 billion euros. Once again thanks to the insatiable demand from the gullible consumers worldwide. No wonder the French can pretend to work 5 days a week and spend more time protesting working than actually working. Meanwhile the rest of the world put in a 12 hours work day just to buy their handbag.

Albright picture linked from the New York Times. Rights belong to respective owners.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:48 AM

    As a trade unionist, I dig the "sweatshop-free" consept. Dov Charney, in my opinion, is one of a kind in the clothing industry. Using his own words, he's a "pervert with ethics".

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time when I come back, I can buy you an American Apparell's wifebeater, that will sure make you one very sexually charged dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I can't believe you really read the shit I wrote here. That certainly gives me a sense of purpose.
    Are you in Tsim Sha Tshui now? The sitemeter is one sneaky little bastard you know, it tells me where my readers are coming from ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:34 AM

    You're kidding me, man. The official name ain't no wifebeater. Dov isn't dumb enough yet to incite men to beat up their wives. Or, does the word "beat" means "attract" or "conquer" in this case? Unlike you, my fattish and under-tall body wouldn't look very nice in those American Apparel tank tops. Anyway, thanks a lot, man.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:40 AM

    When I was writing this post, as usual I was in my office in Admiralty, Hong Kong Island. But sometimes on Saturdays round about 3pm, I'll be reading your blog in Tsim Sha Tsui at my kids' Chinese school. Yet, I rarely write any post there. Most of the time I was only showing your photos to Pam and my kids. I'm such a big fan of your blog, dude. I don't know what would happen to me if you stop blogging.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Then i guess it's sby from .gov tsim sha tsui not you i can't be sure.
    Wifebeater is not a term coined by AA. It's been around. People call it tanktop, A-shirt, but wifebeater is the most interesting one. I think I can do a bit of research.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:11 AM

    Then it's the Tsim Sha Tsui Public Library, which is close to the Chinese school. Sometimes I went on line there to check your blog.

    Yes, I think people call those tank tops wifebeaters, not American Apparel.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess it's really sby else, as the library uses the domain ibsnetwork from PCCW, while the one I mentioned actually has a gov.hk with CPCNet Hong Kong Ltd as the domain carrier.
    Never mind I just thought you might have moved to TST. Or it's actually you it's just that the node is in TST, do you use Windows 2000 and IE6? I think one time your access is from Fa Yuen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:44 PM

    Yes, I use Windows 2000 Professional and IE6 in my office, which is in Admiralty, HK Island. I don't think I've ever used a government computer in TST except the public library. Perhaps the node of our system at work is in TST. That doesn't matter. I still live in Tsuen wan.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....