Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Nytimes Commute Digest

Save yourself, yes, people need to save more for their retirement, that is if they can retire, and save, at all. Social security is heading to bankrupcy or something in 2007 or 2042, so folks you are on your own. If you don't have anything to save now, at least quit drinking $3 fancy coffee every day. I don't have additional cash inflows other than my day job, so I don't do Starbucks. I can't explain to my kids like Daddy can't afford your college education because I drink $3 a cup coffee every day.

Older people blog too and they may be the better bloggers. Older bloggers tend to avoid cyber cutesy words. I think that's a good thing, got to remember that. When you are older or plain old, cutesy words just don't sound right.

Angelina Jolie is saving poor Asian kids one at a time. Soon to be 18 illegal Chinese alien, Young Zheng would soon get his green card from Home Land Security, thanks to Angelina Jolie who urged John Sullivan III — a partner at Fulbright & Jaworski to work on his case pro bono. Angelina Jolie might be much hated and made fun of, but I think she does some real good work, I mean not her movies, though.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:35 PM

    Yes, Jolie is like Bono. Bono has done a great deal of work for the African poor and the sick.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....