Thursday, March 16, 2006

Morning

Salon.com has an exclusive on the prison abuse scandal. Pictures too grahic to be linked here. I thought it's big news but I don't see any print media coverage, namely the New York Times. I first learnt about this exclusive from ESWN last night.

George Clooney doesn't know how to blog, and that's OKAY. So the blog appears in Huffington's Post is not his. Big misunderstanding or misleading. The link to the original Clooney's blog is gone.

Bill Gates is not happy with a $100 portable notebook jointly developed by MIT and Google. Obviously he is more happy with his ultra-mobile PC which retails for $599 to $999. I think I will be happy with any computer notebook that has somewhere close to a 12" screen, broadband connection, some USB port. I am not terribley about touch screen keyboard, I like real keyboard input. I write terribly longhand.

Microsoft took out pages of New York Times to advertise their people-ready software. For a minute, I thought it's a print ad from PeopleSoft. No, it's from Microsoft. I read that MS is planning to spend $500 million on this people-ready campaign.

I think the FCC just pushed back the ATSC schedule to 2009. Mike Wallace, Dan Rather could have stayed a little longer.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:13 PM

    That's because Abu Graib has lost the Wow! effect. Still those pix are vivid and ghastly.

    I'd like to have one of those $100 notebooks (I thought all notebooks were portable. I may be wrong.) I only use my PC to surf the Net and little else. The price is so exciting. You only get MP3 players for that amount of money.

    Is Mike Wallace out yet? I thought I saw him not so long ago on 60 Minutes.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  2. He announced his retirement, I don't know when exactly. But I guess he will always be available if he got the call to duty from CBS. I think he really should slow down, look at Peter Jennings, you do want to slow down just to reflect and gain some other perspectives.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....