Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Slackware

I am basically a Linux masochist. For the most part, I don't know what I am doing. I had some experience running RH, compiled a kernel, got wifi working from the basement. One day, the box got hacked and I couldn't SSH into my own box, the root password was changed. That was about a year ago. Now I am back, I am trying to get Slackware running now. My CD-ROM drive was so very old that I actually couldn't boot the kernel by using the default bare.i, I have to use old_cd.i to get over the booting from kernel line. I thought the CD was bad or something, it took me a while to figure out that.
It still very much a work in progress and perhaps remains so indefinitely.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:15 PM

    What you said here about Linux sounds like astrophysics. Linux is a closed book as far as I'm concerned. It's a bit too technical to handle for half-computer-illiterate users like me. No wonder it can't beat Windows in the PC market.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....