Monday, February 20, 2006

Blurry image as good image



copyright Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin for The New York Times(hey it takes a team of two to make a blurry picture like that.)
Most people don't like out of focus and blurry images. They are generally considered to be made with bad technique and bad lenses. This rather blurry image of George Clooney made the cover of the New York Times magazine. If you are a sharpness whore, then this is not for you. If you are arty farty, perhaps you dig it. When Robert Capa's made his D-Day pictures, I don't think it's his intention to make them blurry. But I think Capa's images work.

UPDATE: Most searched item in this blog

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:44 PM

    what's with those creepy, demonic eyes?

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on who you ask, arty kind of crap or just poor photoshop hack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as long as you enjoy to upload the pics on the blog, why do you learn from me, shot some pics of your garbages, upload on Yahoo auctiion and earn some easy money, a guy offer HK$950 to buy my 1L Remy martin XO, I found that I can "earn" a few thousands every month if I luck enough, not to mention the cost, all the cost of my garbages are sink cost, what I get is cash

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....