Friday, February 03, 2006

Thank You

Thank you for all the "hardcore" readers (you know who you are) of my blog, who consistently put up with bad writings and second hand news and uninspired opinions.
I just sort of finished watching "Return of the Jedi" on DVD. I am not a big fan of The Star Wars money machine. But hey, I just bought a set so my kids can see the legendary Star Wars. For some reason, they seem to be genuinely interested in Darth Vader and of course the lightsaber. I guess I grew up watching Chinese Wuxia and Gung Fu movies, Star Wars wasn't such a huge deal.

So Memoirs of a Geisha is officially banned in China. That's always how things go. Don't matter, I suppose 1 can always find $1 pirate DVD or download somewhere online. Just that the filmmaker doesn't get any royalties from the Chinese audience in China. And Brokeback Mountain is the next.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:31 AM

    Wolfgang is a big fan of Star Wars and light-sabres. I let him watch all six episodes. He'd read the junior novels first and knew the story well when he watched the DVD's. His next target is all the Batman movies. There's still two more to go.

    I look forward to watching Memoirs of a Geisha and Brokeback Mountain on DVD's. I'm kinda proud of Ang Lee.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of Bruce Lee, not Star War, Robert, you are right, zhang's pirate DVD was found everywhere in China, BTW, I have bought a China made digitally remastered Bruce Lee "enter the Dragon", in Mongkok at HK$28, when I watch it, it's the US version that I once bought at around USD30, now kept by sid, the pirated one with all the bonus feature and good quality

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....