Sunday, August 07, 2005

HDTV, Nikkor and confused

I went to P.C.Richard and watched TV. The Mets game was on, and they had it playing for quite some time. I believe they have the signal from Time Warners. The Mets game wasn't HD but people liked to watch the game. I managed to watch some HD nevertheless. The non-HD feed isn't very nice.
I checked out the SONY KDF-E42A10 and the E50A10. I found the 42" model looks better. The 50" color for some reason, doesn't look quite right, the color is muted, the contrast is lacking. I want the SONY to look good because that's what I wanted and researched. I also got to see the Toshiba 52HM94, the contrast is better, seems more detail, or not as smooth as the SONY's. At times, the Toshiba seems too bright. I did try to adjust the 50" SONY but to no avail, I just can't get the contrast right. The Toshiba uses DLP while the SONY uses 3LCD.
I am also looking at the Nikon 80~200 f2.8.
I CONSUME THEREFORE I AM. I am just another consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....