Monday, August 22, 2005

My Cable Service is back

On Saturday, the cable engineer came, and basically he just made some calls to headquarter and problem solved. There was no swapping of any boxes. When we first got our new box, we got some premium channels for 2 nights, and apparently when the 2-night trial period was over, somebody made some mistakes to our service and we got no service at all. We tried to trouble-shoot over the phones 3 times, the first 2, we made the calls, the 3rd time, actually TWC called us. So it's not lack of trying on their part, it's just I don't know how to say it in a polite diplomatic tone. Anyway, I found out something interesting. During the 2 days I didn't have cable service, I just directly plugged the cable into the HDTV ANT1 plug, I know I would get some channels but it didn't occur to me that I would get the network's HD feed over the cable as well. I guess that's one of the good thing with an ATSC tuner on board. One day, if the cable service becomes too bad, I might just cancel all the services and plug in the cable.
I ordered an HDMI cable, and surprise, the audio doesn't work, I searched the Internet and seems like it's an known issue, TWC just doesn't really support HDMI from their SA 8300HD box. So back to component again. Good thing I didn't buy any $100 HDMI.
46HM95
I was trying to register my 46HM95 via Toshiba's website. Guess what, their model drop-down doesn't have the HM95 models listed, and it doesn't allow free form model input. So much so for their award winning website. I am getting tired of their website, how can they not even put out product information for their production models? It's just pure frustration for any owner or potential owner of their products. I mean the TV is good but their marketing or website really leave something or a lot more to be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....