Monday, August 08, 2011

The Grandmasters


Now I'm still a bit confused with the use plural on the word master but if imdb is any indication, then it's more than one grandmaster, probably two or half a dozen, who knows? The trailer doesn't seem all that promising. First there is this cognitive dissonance between what I see and what I hear. It doesn't sound like Tony Leung talking in Mandarin at all. Or it just means a voice over? Plus I always think the tag line is lame very lame. I get what it's trying to say "all it matters is being the last man standing" but it just totally reduces Kung Fu to street fighting. The minute long trailer is reminiscent of the Matrix finale, down to the green cast. I just hope WKW and his team can bring something new to the genre.  Maybe I am asking too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....