Sunday, October 06, 2019

Groceries

Once upon a time before the refrigerator becomes ubiquitous, grocery shopping was such a daily chore.  Back in those days in the early seventies and prior, it was mostly wet markets, where one shopped for livestock like poultry and fish, meats and all kinds of vegetables.  A local slaughter house was not even that far way.  Now I still shop more than once a week, in part, because I don't have a huge fridge as I don't have a huge kitchen as I don't have a huge abode as I don't have lots of money.  Also I need to shop Chinese so I end up shopping in multiple locations and quite often on separate days.  Grocery shopping can be quite numbing or in some way therapeutic.  You push a shopping cart, load it up and then you go.  Is it the right item at the right price?  That's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....