Thursday, October 24, 2019

PhotoPlus Expo 2019

Canon and Nikon are still the twin tent poles of the event.  Nikon still gives out their signature yellow shopping bags but there aren't that many freebies to take home, not like a decade or so ago.  There are still candies and pens to grab but that's pretty much about it.  This year there was popcorn and that's new.

This year the exhibition id doesn't come with a plastic sleeve and I think there's a good move.  You don't need a plastic sleeve.

I played with the D5, some Nikkor glasses.  I am an old man so I don't really get too excited with the Z cameras.  Still I picked up the Fuji cameras; the GFX 100 and a couple others.  I got my hand on the Olympus I like the feel of it but it's a micro 4/3, so it's good on the long end, but not so much on the wide angle end, plus the depth of field is not what it is with full frame; it's part psychology part reality but I would concede chances are I can't tell the difference just by looking at the pictures.  For me, the DSLR still feels faster.  Notice I say feel.  There were instances I didn't know if the cameras were taking pictures or not.  I guess I didn't get the setting right.  I can still feel the shutter if it's shooting fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....