Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nintendo DSi WiFi Atrocity

It's year 2011 and this thing works like it's in year 1102.  Don't expect this thing just works because it won't.

I disabled WPA, WEP still no go.  WEP or WPA didn't seem to be the issue.  In the end I re-enabled WPA, I did the IP manually, and I think it didn't work either.  In the end's end, I had to resort to to change the MTU value to 1500 matching the router's.  All this can only happen if you have god access to the access point.  Then I got a steady but kind of "slow"* connection.  The, I think, Opera browser is a slow* poke and needless to say it sucks.  Don't buy it for Internet connectivity.  And for DS, I don't think it supports anything other than WEP.

The implementation of its WiFi connectivity is ghastly repulsive.

*  I was being too nice.  It's actually very slow, like worse than back in the day when you had a 56Kbps connection.  Nintendo what happened?

2 comments:

  1. These wifi thing certainly are very interesting. I have just tried to log in to my corporate wifi from my android. In the end I give up and set up my personal ap from my laptop instead. It is not over yet, I still have to be back to office to see if this really works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I am waiting for your Android app.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....