Tuesday, February 08, 2011

New York Public Library


I am not a big fan of the fish net over the facade of the New York Public Library.  It's just not good for photography.  I am sure the pigeon there concurs.

Technical nobody really cares:
I applied curve to adjust the exposure.  And I found in general the D7000 jpeg files pretty easy to work with, and no post sharpening other than in camera sharpening +6 is needed.  The 105mm f/2.5 AI lens offers plenty of sharpness, that's if you can hold and shoot it steady.  With the D7000 16MP, I found any fault in focus and camera shake very revealing.  It's almost impossible to shoot close and handheld with this 105mm lens, as steady as I am, when viewed 100% the image is simply technically faulted--obviously not in focus and blurry.  With digital, you can increase the yield somewhat by either carefully shoot your subjects like with a tripod or shoot with CH, a successive burst of images with a fast enough shutter to minimize blur.

I'm taking a second look to the picture.  Notice how properly horizontal the picture is?  I was handholding the camera with a 105mm lens pointing upwards.  So I am glad.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:05 AM

    what do you use to edit?

    -eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say that it must be extremely hard to get the picture completely level, and then I realised you've also said the same thing in the blogpost now as well :) Anyway, bravo! (Was the second picture of your other post also shot via handheld?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha Thank you.
    They were all shot handheld. Unless I am shooting 10 feet away from my mini-van otherwise I won't bring my tripod with me.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....