Friday, February 04, 2011

D7000 AF and Exposure Quick Thoughts

Autofocus
I think mine works well, I don't see any obvious problem.  Meaning, I have had time when I tried focusing using my manual lens and I had a hard time getting it right.  It says it's in focus but the pictures is back focus (that's when I shoot real close like this).  But I can't conclusively say it does it could be a lot of other things like movement and whatnot.  I don't shoot a lot with my AF lenses but in the event that I do, I find the AF fast and accurate.  And if you don't choose single AF point, the camera may just happen to AF on one of its 39 points you like or it may not.  In that case the the camera does focus correctly but just not on the point you want.  That's my findings and if you disagree that's just fine with me.

Over exposure (and yellow cast)
I find it true.  Of course the most photographically correct way of thinking is there isn't really over or under exposure perhaps just exposure that you like.  But that's just too photographically correct for my taste.  I find the D7000 overexposes quite often especially shooting my kids (or most scenes for my taste).  They aren't white people white but kind of fair for Asians.  Anyway, I like to dial down the exposure if I were to shoot them.  Perhaps I like my exposure more saturated and more underexposed in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....