Tuesday, August 01, 2006

New York City is Hot

New York City is in the high 90s.

But nowadays, people like to talk about the "feel like" temperature. So it's 97 degrees out there, it's bad enough, but the meteorologist or the weatherman likes to give you more, like it feels like 110 or 120 or whatever, something in my mind, that's totally arbitrary.

How can you tell what I feel about the temperature?

I just like some objective reading. If the thermostat says 95, then it's 95, what are all these heat index, feel like temperature thing?

UPDATE:
It read 101F in the City in the afternoon. About the time I got home, around 7PM, it's about 94F outside my house.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:15 PM

    i got killed on my road test. do you know of a good driving school?

    eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... actually not, because I'd never gone to driving school. It's Jin and a friend of hers that got me through the road test.

    You are old enough to look like a responsible driver, so just smooth, don't step on the gas, don't jerk the car, practice parallel parking, and the 3-point turn, that should be it.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....