Thursday, August 17, 2006

HP is turning around

Just when you thought HP is over and done with, thanks to what's her name ... Carly Fiorina... never mind. And now HP is making a surprising comeback and is enroute to unseat IBM as the biggest whatever, OKAY technology company.

Even my IT friend is recommending me HP against Dell. What's happening?

My experience with Dell has been largely positive. I used to have problem with my home PC's display card. After making a few calls, Dell shipped me a new one, problem solved. And my work Dell PC has been pretty solid for years. I have no experience with HP on a personal level.

Since I am on the subject of computing, my experience with Apple has been a mixed bag. My initial assessment was pretty positive, that's actually from my 800 MHZ G3 iBook. When it worked, it was great. Then I got hit with the logic board failure, then the display 90 degree problem. And now it's just sitting there pretty. I am still intrigued by Apple's design and its UNIX based OS, but I really need reliable hardware. Reading the latest support posts from their own discussion forums regarding their latest MacBook doesn't give me a lot of confidence at all. My not so pretty 3-year old IBM R51 running XP is still rocking, OKAY, maybe not rocking, but at least running the way it's supposed to run. Frankly, I am disappointed with my iBook experience. But I may be ready to give Apple another chance ... it's just unfortunate that once the model is stablized then it got phased out right away. Planned obsolescence perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. My 4-in-1 printer/Fax/Scanner/copier is HP, though I used it as printer and copier only, why I buy HP ? since Deliza believe in brand name product and she forced me to pay for it, my experience is HP is not good, the re-fill ink box is expensiive, and it seems that it hasn't any alternative except buy the HP ink, except that, I have a small HP for printing 4R pics, I seldom use it too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:54 AM

    Refill inkbox of from any brand is expensive. That is where they actually make money.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....