Sunday, February 01, 2009

25 random things about me

Rules:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 24 people to be tagged, plus the person that tagged you (for a total of 25 people tagged in your note). If I tagged you, it's because I think it would be great to know more about you.

To do this, go to "Write Note" on your profile page; paste these instructions in the body of the note; type your 25 random things; tag 25 people by clicking "More Options" at the bottom of the note and fill in the "In This Note" field... then click "Post."


1)  Married
2) Have two boys.
3) I don't shave too often, maybe once a month or so.  Never liked electric shavers.  Always wet shave or no shave.
4) I wear eyeglasses.  I am long sighted in addition to short sighted and having astimatism (read: I am OLD)
5) One of my photographs actually got published in Hong Kong.
6) One of my drawings actually got published in Hong Kong.
7) Both 5 and 6 happened when I was young.  Everything went downhill after I turned 12 or so.
8) Last real book I read "1984."
9) Owned an iBook G3 and thought I was thinking different and cool.  Then it died on me after one year, logic board failure or some shit, got it repaired, then died again.
10) I pay about $7 ~10 for my haircut.  I don't use conditioner.  I don't wash my hair every day, maybe twice a week.  I don't use any hair products except shampoo and a comb.  I don't go to a stylist, I go to a barber.
11) I do shower every day.
12) And change my underwear every day.
13) I wear the same  jeans just about every day and wash them about once a week.
14) I wear size 42 (not my pants size yet, jacket size)
15) I own two Schott 141.
16) I wear Blundstone 550 every day.
17) I like to sharpen my knives.  I like kitchen knives and pans.  They are expensive so I only bought a few like many years ago.  They were honestly made and last forever.
18) I want to buy a Dovo straight razor.
19) I have less than five friends on Facebook.  And one I don't even know personally.
20) I don't IM
21) I don't Photoshop because I don't know how to.  Photoshop is for people who make $300 an hour.
22) I want to get an enlarger to print my own black and white one of these days.
23) I pay $9.75 to develop, proof and scan my 120 films.
24) Using expensive cameras and lenses give me confidence.  I don't have too much confidence.
25) I bought my FE and 50mm f1.4 when I went to Beijing many many years ago.

PS:  the above are pretty random and I try not to censor as best as I can.  I selectively follow the rules.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:11 AM

    Gosh, is it possible that we are reading the same blogs? Uh oh!

    Seems like every blog I visit, people are writing about "25 random things about me". Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. how come you also also get this kind of mail, like 16 about me or whatsoever in Facebook, the world is getting smaller, but your 25 are boring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chinese version of 16 (or 25) about me :

    規則:當你比人tag左,就要寫一篇note,內含16項有關你的事情,習慣,喜好,目標....或任何各不相干但有關你的東西。最後tag另外16個人。你必須tag返tag左你的那個人。如果我tag左你,即係我想認識你更深。

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for taking time writing it up. :D (i know, it was boring.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exile:
    I don't know. Those I read I never bumped into. It's just when I stopped by CR's blog then I found out. I felt incredibly honored to be included in her 25 post.

    wp2007:
    ... never mind.

    CR:
    You are welcome. It wasn't all that boring. If it's boring it's because of me let's be clear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Photoshop is for people who make $300 an hour.' ~ i use photoshop (CS3 to be precise), but i don't make $300USD an hour... :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. mad dog: you got shortchanged. you should have paid much more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mad dog, oh man, what happened to my "been" in the previous comment?

    I don't know Photoshop at all, I adore people who know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:06 PM

    1) Honest. Good.

    17)I saw them from your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being married is not the worse thing on earth. So there is no reason not to be honest about it. Even online.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 13) good for environment
    15) what is this?
    16) what is this?
    17) you like Hitchcock ?
    21) I don't earn $300 an hour neither man.
    22) me too, want to print some A5 at least
    23) 120 !
    24) dream to have an expensive cameras and lenses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I see the merit of having a separate window for comment. But I hate pop-up window more than anything else.

    13) it's just collateral good deed.
    15) motor cycle jacket though I don't ride at all.
    16) short boots made in Australia
    17) I don't know, I've never seen one of his movies.
    21) Most people don't. Plus I just made up the number.
    22) I did have one darkroom course at school but that was too long a time ago.
    23) I bought some expired 120 roll films and shoot them. 135 films are for girly men (just kidding) I would like to try out 4x5 large format but getting them developed and printed is a problem.
    24) Sometimes just for the sake of owning it. I am sure what I own already can more than enough to take excellent pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. learn from me, sell your garbages in Yahoo auction or ebay, last week I have just sold a China made cheap M4A1 toy assault rifle at HK$200 and today sell another Batman MP3 player at HK$130

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....