Saturday, February 13, 2016

Macports, ImageMagick, GIMP

None of them is working.  So I am screwed.  The problem or my problem is I don't know half of what I am doing so it's extremely hard to fix any problems should they arise and arise they always do.  I have a feeling that because of the Xcodes update, something is broken.  It's going to be tough to fix them, at least for me.

In case there are some wizards out there, please let me know.

UPDATE:
I first discovered this problem when I tried to use Imagemagick to run watermark on my pictures.  Alas, it didn't work, so I thought it was the PATH variable.  And I guess it was.  Then I found out GIMP wasn't working.  Then I thought maybe it's the macports that wasn't working.

Finally, it was the macports.  And once I fixed the macports, everything works again, so far.  I don't know why but it's true the PATH was screwed up.

Anyway, once I put back the PATH both ImageMagick and GIMP start working again.

export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH

UPDATE:
I probably changed the ~/.bash_profile inadvertently.  So I need to add and save this line back to the file so it sticks.

back to business.

2 comments:

  1. Murphy's Law, man. "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was going to be very very nasty and messy to uninstall and install as I was thinking maybe really the Xcodes update. But it's the PATH. Glad I didn't do anything too drastic.

      Delete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....