Thursday, February 25, 2016

Ruby on Rails

Problem installing Rails.  Well what else is new?  Right?

Thankfully, there is no new problem under the sun.  At least not the kind of problems I encounter, definitely not the cutting edge type.

This website saves me.

http://www.ericluwj.com/2015/10/29/installing-ruby-on-rails-on-osx.html

gem install nokogiri -- --with-xml2-include=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/include/libxml2 --use-system-libraries

The El Capitan section is what resolves my issue:- Rails is not installing because some libxml2 issues.  My problem solving skill is pretty much cook book recipe approach.  I don't know why it works but it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....