Monday, April 09, 2012

Yuen Long


The noodle shop I used to go with my family when we visited Yuen Long
This is where I saw my first movies with my old man.

This is where I ruined my hair.  I don't recall I ever went here before.  This was one of the few barber shops that was opened on April 4.  He didn't shave as well as he made himself to be, I got cuts and nicks.  I do a better job using a straight razor on my own face than him doing my mine.  Nice guy though.
The first Western restaurant experience I had I probably got it from here.  It was dark and (hence) romantic.  All I can remember is their cabbage soup or Russian Soup I guess.
The best part of Hong Kogn is it has public lavatory everywhere.  That's except the god damned original MTR.
Where I got my fancy stationary about once a year.
When you need to pawn your underwear, this is the place.
Hang Heung

4 comments:

  1. mad dog7:25 AM

    ha u eventually went to hang heung to buy lo por cakes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right. I went on April 4, a day before I left. I just bought a pack of six and left them with my family in HK. I like them but I didn't bring them all the way back to New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The noodle shop has got a three-digit telephone number (01) 203. The two digits in front -- (01) -- is, I guess, the area code for, maybe, the New Territories etc. I wonder what year would that be in Hong Kong when it got its three-digit phone number. Wonderful pictures, Robert. As the saying goes, a picture speaks a thousand words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try to call the number see if it works... ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....