Saturday, March 05, 2011

Nice Guys Finish Last

We didn't set out to build the slowest derby car.  But like Donald Rumsfeld says "stuff happens."  The car weighs in at exactly 5.00 ounces, so I have high hope that it will perform amiably.  At the same time I also know the wheels are kind of out of alignment.  I tried a few times trying to adjust them properly so much so that I actually cracked the bottom where the axle (nail) and the wood meet.  I just glued it back and called it a day; keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be too bad in the run.  Wishful thinking doesn't help.  At it turns out, out of some forty cars in the race, and in a total of four runs, our car turns out to be the slowest, a feast that is just equally difficult as being the fastest.  Well we got the trophy for being the slowest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....