Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Want My Skanky Trinity Back

Picture: Elizabeth Lippman for The New York Times.
Longer monochromatic silhouette for newly widowed and grandma

Every summer, I suffer the indignity of sun, heat and all the unpleasantries associated with sweaty limbs of myself and strangers.  The only consolation?  I am amply rewarded by sights of mini-skirts and halter tops as worn by city girls.  But no more.  The New York Times reported today the impending death of the mini and the coming back of the maxi, as in skirt not the pad.  I think the longer monochromatic silhouette always has a market:  the newly widowed and the Grandma.  If what the New York Times says is true, this summer is going to be very very difficult for a lot of people.  I want my Paris, Lindsay, Britney--the skanky trinity, back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....