Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Miscellaneous

Just got a Wii component cable from monoprice. Their service is good so I am a returned customer. I plugged the cable in and the screen does look better but not by a big margin.

Just came back from another office. Took a yellow cab to 53rd and 8th Ave. I normally don't take any yellow cab so this deserves a blog entry. The fare was 7.30, from Madison and 41st St. So it was $20 round trip. I am not exactly a people person but it's nice to have some face time with people I talk over the phone but never met. People are generally nice.

The weather is nice, it's almost 60.

I need to help out a friend in getting wifi using a notebook bought from Taiwan later in the day. UPDATE: I got it to work. I was asking where is the wifi, the box, the router, what's the name as in ESSID, those questions were met with a blank stare. Something I just take for granted. Plus it's Vista in Chinese. So I had a difficult time figuring what's going on. To make a long story short, I was there for an hour, make the wifi a little bit secured and let the notebook connect via wifi.

3 comments:

  1. this time I was smarter, I fixed my ASUS Eee PC wireless connected to my secured network, I can input the correct "Golden Key" password by myself. It's a simple task for you, for me, just like send a rocket to the space

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have told me before but I didn't know you actually bought an eee Pc. Did you get the Windows version?

    Actually I am not familiar with Vista.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's a Window XP version only, with SD card and surprising enough, it has a build-in camera, you can see my face in MSN or Yahoo IM

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....