Thursday, March 10, 2011

Timberland Boat Shoes


Timberland was hugely popular in Hong Kong in the 80s. A big part of it was people saw me wear them I believe Chow Yun Fat was seen wearing them. In one of the TV broadcast charity events, Chow was seen performing a stunt: stepping on cartons of eggs without breaking them or trying not to. In between the eggs and his bare feet was a pair of boat shoes by Timberland. Not the ones with lug soles shown here but the more traditional much thinner soles that are designed on deck top walking in a boat or a yacht. Not that I would ever know as I never go yachting.  Nor would I know if they are any good to walk on eggs.  When I came here, a couple of my best friends sent me off with a pair top of the line Timberlands thinking maybe one day I may go yachting or need them to walk on eggs.  Thanks dudes. Unfortunately I have the magic touch of turning everything precious into poop. A female friend of mine actually thought all along they were a cheap pair of imitation. Well what can I tell you, I look cheap and everything looks cheaper or simply cheap on me. The pair shown here was bought probably in the 1900s, I mean circa 1994. Back then it was made in the USA. It most likely is not the best mocassin construction out there but still it's all leather lined inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....