Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Georgia Boots


I probably bought these logger boots in 1993 or 1994.  Back when Georgia boots only had its logo embossed discreetly on the leather upper.  I just checked out their new boots.  It's disgusting.  They have their logo on the tongue and on the side.  I never took care of these boots, I wish I had.  Got to oil the leather up.  I remember the first pair I had was defective, the leather near the heel area just broke on one of them.  I wrote to the company together with a picture proving the defect, mind you, all done the old fashioned way with no email or jpeg.  The company sent me a brand new pair no questions asked all the way to Hong Kong.  I think that's customer service.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:54 AM

    Sent to HK? I thought you went to the States in August 1978. How could that happen?

    VL2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't try to confuse me you know I am like certain Stanley whore, senile and all. After wAshing dishes and peeling potatoes for some six years I did come back very briefly and that was the time.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....