Saturday, July 21, 2007

Fashion Faux Pas


Crime committed as detailed from mad dog's post here.

I salute those who can slide in a pair of jeans in the 90F heat and act as if that's nothing in the middle of the day. I figure you just get used to the heat or something.
Just when I thought wearing jeans in the day was impossible, then another scene shocked me to the core. You can actually see middle school girls wear dark colored vest in broad day light, in the dead heat of the summer afternoon. I am not sure if they are made of wool or cotton or a mix of material. But come on, it's 90F degrees out there, the girls are putting on a vest. You just have to see it to believe it.
I took three pairs of jeans with me. I wore a pair on my way to Hong Kong. I wore one the evening me and my wife went to a decent restaurant in Central. The other pair I left in the luggage.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:04 PM

    hahahah! u are alright. at least u don't wear a pair of white socks + sports shoes (or crocs like President Bush)! flip flops are not "unbearable". i give u a pass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I was totally hot. Guess not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can so empathise with your astonishment at the heat-resistant capability of HKers! The last time I was back was 8 years ago and for the first time in my life I wondered about the existential justification of clothes in that kind of sweltering heat. From what I gathered things have gone progressively worse since so I wonder how I'll survive if and when I do go back now...

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....