Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Inflight Movie Review

As a captive audience in the coach class of an airbus, I watched almost anything on the tiny screen on the back of the headrest in front of me.

Seung Sing(2006)
Seung Sing (Confession of Pain) starring human specimens Tony Leung Chi Wai as Detective Hei and Takeshi Kaneshiro as Bong.

It's hard not to like Leung and Kaneshiro, both are good looking which perhaps is the only saving grace of the entire movie. The rest are pretty forgettable. The major letdown was did Leung even voice his dialogs and were they dubbed over by someone else, if latter, then that's really appalling and totally off putting. The ambiance noise inside the aircraft prevented me from drawing a conclusion. Eye candy Shu Qi (Feng) delivered one of her worse performance ever. It was too cute to bear for my taste, I almost threw up my equally revolting inflight coffee as I had to watch her. I won't say it's entirely her fault, I just don't understand why the directors Leung and Mak thought it's a good idea to have her performed the way she performed.

As to Leung, I think it's a departure of his usual oh I am so charming movie starry performance. He tuned down a lot for this movie and put on a pair of spectacles which kind of fucked up his usual electric eyes. I happen to like this understated performance.

The movie as a whole is disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....