Saturday, March 10, 2007

Hop Won

Hop Won the quintessential Chinese fast food lunch restaurant in midtown.

Chicken with broccoli over rice, $5, tap water, free. How can you beat the price?

Other than the usual pre-made combination rice or noodle platters, they also do make to order dishes, like Chicken with Chinese Broccoli over rice $5.35, Chow Fun $5.35, Singapore noodles $5.35, or any Pork or Roast Duck noodle soups $5.

The quality of the food is always top-notched. And the portion is generous. You can easily stuff yourself and put on ten pounds if you eat there every day. You can pay more, but you can't find a better Chinese fast food in midtown than Hop Won.

If you have some motherfucking friend from out of town, whom you don't have to impress, then this is the restaurant you should bring him to. I know I did.

6 comments:

  1. New York is a city of high living standard, USD5 in Hong Kong certainly can be better off. Come on, Robert, I flied over 20 hours to visit you, next time bring me to some high end Italian or French restaruants in Times Square

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Your executive lunch is more expensive than mine. Mine is hkd 30 in Wanchai. I have iced tea into the bargain. A year ago, it only cost me HKD28, inflation I guess. Afterwards, I spend half an hour in a bookstore. That works for my digestion.

    Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Maxim set lunch Shatin Wo Che is around HK$30 also, with hot lemon tea and something hot pudding, in school canteen is HK$23 only

    ReplyDelete
  4. wp2006, I don't care how many hours you fly to come to nyc, really. Hop Won is really for you and me, the hard working hard charging no nonsense folks. And the food is top notched, so what's not to like?

    You guys think $30 is cheap. I pack my own lunch to work, microwave is my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HK$30 is not cheap, but I need to escape from the campus for some personal break

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:44 AM

    WP2007

    It's quite a long walk from ive to the Maxim restaurant in Wo Che. Do you take a taxi?

    Vincent

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....