Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Fixed Length Lenses

Not all lenses are made the same.  We all know that.  But let me point out the obvious.

I do not like variable lens length much the same I don't like variable f/stop in zooms.  That is lens protrudes or retracts externally when zooming out or in or even simply changing focus distance*.  I much appreciate the lens elements move internally and the overall lens length remains fixed during focusing and zooming.

* the oldie manual focus lenses actually do that, they protrude from a few mm to cm when focusing close, I actually don't get bothered by it.  The AF 135 f/2 DC is truly fixed length no matter what focusing distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....