Friday, October 28, 2011

pdn PhotoPlus Expo

Honestly, I don't know what it's called anymore.  You have photoplus, expo, pdn.  It's all very confusing.  I think it just failed in terms of branding.


Instant photo taken using a Fuji camera and scanned by my Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner using iScan software on a Linux AMD 64 bit machine running Ubuntu 11.10.  Fuji seems to be pretty generous this year.  I asked the man behind the film counter to make sure they don't give out samples as I saw no free sample sign at all but he did give out 3 120 Reala 100 to me.  So a big Thank You to the guy.  On the other hand Big Yellow got kind of stingy: one roll only, which I think is very understandable and reasonable but that doesn't mean that I like it.  The Big Yellow guy manning the free sample counter was like cool and detached.  Well you are a marketing person.  The second one seemed somewhat better.  I got my Ektar 100 both in 35mm and 120 formats--I was a return customer, went there twice just to get two rolls of film, I know I'm just pathetic.

2 comments:

  1. What's new from Nikon there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nikon 1 cameras and they seem to be pushing somewhat on its DSLR video capability--they set up some video rig using the D7000. But there is really no new DSLR flagship in sight or in the offing.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....