Monday, June 06, 2011

AT 55 Pack, Large

picture from llbean.com
Hard to pack stuff
When did you purchase this item? Within 1 Month
Now I admit I am not an outdoor kind of person and with almost no experience in choosing backpack. I find this backpack lightweight and good looking which are the most important factors. Other than that I find it very hard to pack anything inside. There is one opening at the top and that is it baby. If you never need to unpack or access anything during a trip that's you plan excellent and you don't need to access something in the middle of a hike AT ALL. Otherwise good luck finding some stuff inside. It's minor annoyance. Otherwise, with all the belts and clips, it looks fancy enough on the trail.
I would describe myself as: absolute know nothing about backpack
This item is: Performing as Expected

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:06 PM

    You are carrying way too much on your shoulders.

    VL2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I never actually carried it. For the most part, it's just on the canoe or inside the tent. We weren't backpacking. If I were backpacking, there is no way I could do 34 miles with this thing on my back. It would break my back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:49 PM

    I agree. Most climbers don't hike with a 55L backpack on their back. Renowned climbers like Simone Moro mostly went out with a 20L backpack. For me, if I ever go out with a 55L, I mostly stuff it with light-weight mattresses and sleeping bags. By the way, in my memory, I have never seen you wear anything orange or green before. I guess people do change after all.

    VL2011

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha. I really have no idea when it comes to hiking and backpacking. Though common sense dictates the lighter the better. I have sleeping bags that are huge and I now know why some are more expensive because some can be really packed into a very smaller package for backpacking with little compromise for warmth. And so is the sleeping mat. I don't think I will go backpacking, it's just too much for me. Car camping or canoeing are fine. Hiking for 5 hours should be OKAY too. The thing is this time I didn't bring one camera mostly on purpose but I really left home the smallish Canon 880 which I actually intended to bring .... It was quite a trip.
    I also have an orange maine warden parker with Gortex fabric, I like it except the hood is way too small for a Large, I don't know what LL Bean was thinking, it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No pictures. What a letdown. We'll find out who's a good paddler or canoeist on July 1, 2011.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....