Tuesday, January 08, 2008

What's Happening in Hampshire

After her defeat in Iowa, Clinton made an emotional teary eyed plea with the voters, which the pundits are split on what that would do for her. Does that humanize her or does that make her a cry baby? Or we shouldn't even read too much into it? Yours truly is scanning CNN on TV and according to the Wolf, only 10% of the votes are coming in and so far Clinton is leading by 38% with Obama trailing a close second at 36%, Edwards is third with some 17% of the votes ....

Stay tuned for more ....

UPDATE 10:52pm
McCain is declared the clear Republican winner of the NH primary. It does give all senior citizens some hope.
As of 10:52 ET, Reuters has declared Clinton the NH Democratic primary winner, The New York Times is still too cautious to make the call. Look like the teary speech helped. Okay, it's "official", The New York Times headlines "Clinton beats Obama in a Comeback." Hey, when did she go away? Clinton, speaks from your heart.

5 comments:

  1. I envy you, as a US citizen, has a right to choose your leader, no matter he/she is a good or bad guy, in here, almost no one care 2012, or have no choice, have to wait for 2017, there "may be" direct election for the Chief Executive, "earliest" 2020 direct election of LEGCO in my age of retirement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue, give us some updates, I like to read your news

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, how funny I just blogged about the Clinton win myself! I actually stayed up the whole night to watch this whole NH primary unfold (it was called for Clinton around 4am Irish time!!).

    And yes, I was suckers for her teary-eyed speech, but more than that, what did it for me was watching how she defended herself in the NH debate against Obama and Edwards. Believe it or not for quite some time Edwards would have been my chosen candidate (if I were a U.S. citizen of course), because he actually has the best (read most realistic and most well thought-out) policies, but his almost bully-boy behaviour in the last debate left me cold.

    So, are you supporting Clinton still? Or are you swayed by Obama's rhetoric of change at all? Curious minds want to know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly know more about politics than your just another stupid American z-listed blogger here. I didn't watch any of those you mentioned in your posts. I just read about it. Though I have a decent TV, but I found myself looking at my basement 17" CRT screen more. WTF? Mind you, if you meet a guy and who has a lousy cathode ray TV, he's either an intellectual, a saleman who travels alot or just a plain cheap MF.

    I am one of those undecided voters. But if I were to vote tomorrow I will vote for Clinton. And when Chelsea is old enough to run, I will vote for her too. America is no monarchy but we are getting there.

    I have yet to see Hillary in skirt, what's with her pant suits. I demand to see her in skirt. Then she will have my vote 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  5. undecided ? come on, you have the right that thousands or millionsn of civilians in other part of the world that fight for their whole life, even lost their life, future, money and family for a right to vote, just like you, you decision certainly affect the rest of life of those in Iraq, Taiwan and Mainland, many people in other part of the world willing to exchange their life for a US passport or citizenship, I still have to wait for 13 years for the same right of vote as you, you shouldn't have any excuse

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....