Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mid-Autumn Festival

I have fond memories of Mid-Autumn Festival when lanterns were made of paper and lighted with candles.

My mom used to join one of those "mooncake clubs," which of course was beyond my comprehension. I could only imagine that she did some monthly payments to some mooncake club or pastry shops and when Mid-Autumn Festival came, she would get her share of mooncakes. I remember we got different varieties of mooncakes, some even with meat in it, not my favorite, but I ate them nevertheless. Other than the dozen paper boxes of mooncakes, we also got the piggy pastry, it's really cute and it even came with the piggy cage in plastic.

When the night came, kids carrying lanterns would go out and had fun exploring the neignborhood in the dark and it most certainly led to playing with fire like purposely put one's own or others' lanterns on fire or boiled the candles down to wax, essentially stuff that wasn't meant to do but did it anyway. I don't think I was ever the wild one but I did enjoy playing the paper lanterns and walking in the evening autumn breeze.

The moon is full home.

16 comments:

  1. Human beings, as other animals, are made up by 80 or 90% water, certainly full moon will have a biological effect on men and women, it happened as the case of Christmas, many girls lost their virginity under the full moon. There's no different between human beings and wild animals

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where you got your numbers from, I just did a search, I think the percentage range should be lower.

    And I was appalled by your comment apropos of my original post. I mean WTF is the relationship? I was talking about childhood innocent memories for fuck sake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what Li Bai said in his poem:

    举头望明月
    低头思故乡

    That's exactly what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:29 AM

    William,

    One more red card you are out of here!

    One dirty old man

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Just deleting his comments is not enough. This guy is a disgrace!

    Another outraged blog reader

    ReplyDelete
  8. wp2006 is all right. he is one of the most provocative commentators here and I know him way back.

    I have a handful of readers and wp2006 is one of the diehards so I don't want to lose him. He won't be banned or whatever.

    There is no commentator execution in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. if Robert banned my comments in his blog, he will lose 1/3 of his readers in this world. He need somebody to throw stone or shit, whether he like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have mixed feeling about unfit content and censorship. I don't think there is absolute freedom of speech. Let's not go there. I think wp2006 is full of it, sometimes at least. I don't think I care the readership that much, it's not like I am important or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:09 AM

    67leung and wp2006,

    Regardless of the readership, internet is a place for the glorification of the motherland. Let's make no mistake about it.

    One internet cop in southern China

    ReplyDelete
  12. on9 Vincent, where are you ? I like you quote "67leung"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:23 AM

    Much ado about nothing!

    Bing Men Kam

    ReplyDelete
  14. My diary is all about much ado about nothing. What can I say? Writing a diary is not easy, you know just to keep myself entertained, if not others.

    ReplyDelete
  15. tell us more about your inside stories, I am one of your die hard true fans in this world

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....