Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Bryant Park, NYC, WiFi hotspot connected

It works, like expected. When things work like expected, I think it's just great. I don't know if I have lowered my expectation or what, I tend to think if only things work as they claim it's great already. More often than I'd like to experience, things simply don't work according to their spec. I work in the IT field, sort of, so nothing really surprises me.
I bought a SanDisk Connect-Plus low power Wi-Fi card from Amazon's marketplace. The buying experience is OK, i mean the ordering experience from Amazon has always been very good. The communications between the seller and I were less than satisfactory. To cut to the chase, I did receive the card all right and it works, like expected. My only complaint is the card doesn't come with any utility for Windows Pocket PC 2003, not from the miniCD nor from their web site. I downloaded their latest driver from the website and it works. I emailed SanDisk, seems like they have no intention to release any utility for Pocket PC 2003. That said, I think their service is an OKAY. Any wifi card add-on is obsolete by today's standard anyway so I can see that there is no reason to support this product. I use a hp iPAQ hp2210.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....