Thursday, November 06, 2014

Parent teacher conference

Parent teacher conference was a foreign concept to me.  Like one country two systems, rule by laws in China or something.  Despite what the name suggests it is not really any conference.  I never submitted any research paper or such.   It is more like meet your kid's teachers and talk three talk four In the span of 2 or 3 minutes.  Though honestly I have no idea what other parents talk about. How come little George got a C in Math?  Because he is dumb and lazy.  I have no idea.  I like the idea to put a face on the name.  Does that face live up to that alleged mean spirit my kid complains about?  I wonder.   I have the naivete to think that by showing up you show that you care about the kid's education and in turn the teacher cares or cares more knowing that you care enough to show up.  That's my theory.   It is like you put on a show from 5 to 8 what makes you think if nobody shows up?   What makes me hate parent teacher conference is it's hectic you run between different floors like an idiot trying to meet all the teachers.   What makes it more unpleasant is when some asshole parents acting they own the teacher totally ignore the allotted 2-3 minutes, pandering to the teachers with shit eating smiles ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....