Monday, March 25, 2024

ImageMagick

 I don't remember if I installed that via Homebrew or MacPort.

I might have installed using MacPort.  But it's kind of messed up as macOS upgraded but Port is behind so I can't even check that.

I proceeded to install IM using brew.

My primary motivation is

Anamorphic

Convert Z 9 NEF to PSD files so I can desequeeze there.

...

I don't think LR can desequeeze NEF right there.  I can do that in Photoshop.  One by one, right click the NEF and edit in PS then image 157.5% on the width.

I guess I can use some PS script to automate that part.  But still I can't automate en masse

I tried dcraw but the Z 9 NEF is not supported.  D810 NEF is fine not the Z 9 ones.

So it's kind of messy if I decide to shoot lots of anamorphic NEF and import to LR and dequeeze via Photoshop and then round trip to edit in LR or in PS....

I was going to give up to edit NEF or PSD but JPEG from NEF.  But dcraw can't handle NEF from Z 9.  oh well.

It's kind of messy.


update: 3/25. this should be it to get IM working at least.  forget about z 9 nef for a second as who knows

brew uninstall imagemagick  # without X11 support

brew install --cask xquartz

brew install tlk/imagemagick-x11/imagemagick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....