Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nikon D7000 Firmware 1.03

From Nikon rumors I learned that Nikon is rolling out a new firmware for the most beloved D7000.  Anyway I don't think I experienced any of the stuff it's supposed to fix.

However I do experience what I believe is a quirk of the system.  At aperture priority, ISO 100, ISO auto, flash on.  I was shooting about 5 feet from the subject.  However the system had the audacity to pick ISO 4000.  The picture was "acceptable" but unnecessarily grainy.  With the flash up I see no reason the system has to up the ISO to 4000, I think that's absolutely crazy.

UPDATE 11/11/11:
The update was painless.  It doesn't fix anything I wanted to fix (auto ISO flash and skin tones) nor does it break anything so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....