Friday, May 14, 2021

Strobe qflash model T

 Latest fascination

The Quantum qflash.

I couldn't find any difference between T and T2.  I think if I don't ever use any TTL then perhaps it doesn't really matter.

One is untested and is on its way.  I am taking a chance as it says it's untested except it can power on.  What does that mean, the most optimistic scenario is the unit actually works it's just than the vendor is being very forthright telling you that the unit hasn't been fully and completely tested.  I wonder how many sellers actually test the whole feature set, I mean do they see if the flash duration is actually within spec at 1/2 power for example?  I don't think so.  Or the TTL actually works?  Or the slave feature works?

Instead of getting an extra Powerpack like the Godox PB 960, I opted for the silly power pack from maxxpower.  When I first got my Sunpak 120J that's what I got for the power.  But now the powerpack can no longer be charged.  I wonder if it's because it hasn't been used and needs to be awaken.  But then I have no way to awake it or know if it's just sleeping.

Also ordered a TR 2000 cable, which doesn't fit right into the Sunpak 120J; it needs a 3 to 2 prong adapter which I have with the original TR-PAK II I got years ago.

Or I can order a quantum turbo extension cord QT49 to run 2 120J from one PB 960.

I sort of create my own problems and look for solutions on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....