Saturday, May 29, 2021

Dickies work pants

 I have a pair of navy blue dickies from way back.  I don't remember when I bought them, but as far back as I can remember they were in my wardrobe.  I think probably more than 20 years or so.

I wasn't a big fan for two or three reasons.  I outgrew the pants soon enough as I started to grow horizontally in my mid thirties.  And the pants are true to size and really hit the waist instead of low.  Also it's not 100% cotton, so in terms of breathability it's not exactly great.  But if you want your pants creased then they maintain the crease quite well, which I find it quite interesting, I meant these are considered work pants.  But I guess back back back in the old old days, workers are expected to be well or properly dressed and groomed.  Another funny thing, at least in my book is the belt loops are relatively small or narrow, not for big freaking belts but for narrow belts.  So again what is the deal.  If you have some cowboy belt it's not going through those narrow loops for sure.  Again perhaps the idea is to make these work pants more like dressed pants with small belt loops* and creased legs, I could only reckon.

They are pretty well constructed and durable.

After some twenty plus years I ordered online another pair.  And this time around I ordered online directly and I chose the Lincoln green color.  I think that's the color for the sanitation workers here in NYC.  I am just fascinated by that color.  Black and navy blue are the most common work wear colors and Lincoln green kind of special.  The model name is 874 which I think is the original cut instead of some more updated version like slim fit or something something.

*Serious dress pants should never have any belt loops anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....