Saturday, November 29, 2014

Joshua Wong Recording Before Arrest

In his most somber, humbled and foreboding tone, Joshua Wong gives us the following,

"This morning, some time later, Mongkok will likely be cleared out. I don’t know if I will be arrested, if so, detained for 20 hours or 30 hours or whatever. All I really want to say is if arrested, I will be rendered incommunicado for 2 or 3 days. I really hope our pan democratic friends can continue their legislature fight and reconsider the referendum. On the street, our two occupied areas, in Admiralty and Causeway Bay, every line of defense, every iron barricade should be protected. This movement, already going on for two months; I really hope, I hope this recording won’t be aired, if it does, it means I am already under arrest, in detention. I hope NPCSC can rescind their decision and reconvene political reform … to become a reality. This movement, I fight for fruition not for retreat. I hope while I am in detention, we can hang on, to persevere … we can’t afford to lose."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....