Thursday, June 11, 2015

A Portrait of the Cyclist as a Young Man


This is my rather lame attempt to create a black background in the outdoor by using some external flash.
Nikon D700, Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VR, Nikon SB-600 as slave on TTL, on-camera flash as command.
The flash has the channel on 3 while the flash had it on 1, or the other way round.  Anyway, it wasn't working initially because of that.  On location trouble-shooting is always stupid and challenging.  You or I become extra stupid when trouble shoot on location.  And you are always tight on time or running out of it.  Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.  Basically I got a minute or two or three to make it work.  It was after the race when the kids were leaving already.  Billy is a good kid and unlike my own, doesn't mind to have his picture taken by me.  I guess with some diffuser put on the flash will make the light more pleasing or add another one to the right.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....